The project main results are:
A GUIDE FOR HYDROPONICS PROFESSION IN EUROPE
This Guide is a training plan for VET teachers and trainers for training of emerging green jobs. It contains practical examples on:
- what is sustainable agriculture
- how to enhance crop plants grown soil-less experience
- how to be proactive, customized to the agricultural market and learn the correct aptitude to sustainable agriculture techniques
- how to develop sustainable agricultural methods oriented to hydroponics strategies
- how to exploit the networks at the most of the potential and establish strong partnership with the community and territorial actors
AN INNOVATIVE TRAINING COURSE “TOWARD QUALIFICATION OF NEW POSITION: PONICS FARMER.”
Hydroponics and Aquaponics are not new technologies, yet they are still very new. So to create a sustainable farming business 2 questions are very important to answer: How can technological innovation, social innovation and economical innovation help? Technological innovation makes a system more efficient and in this course the latest technologies will be discussed and shown. However, the newest technologies are often more expensive and are not always the most sustainable when it comes to a business. That’s why it is important to know about the most recent business innovations, especially around green, circular and blue economy. These new type of economic models also heavily rely on social innovation or "how can a business be more integrated with its community”.
All of these subjects are included in PONICS VET course.
Indicative contents of the e-learning course:
- Introduction to sustainable agriculture techniques and innovation for rural and semi-urban farmers;
- How to tackle soil sealing and the importance of hydroculture;
- Hydroponics and aquaponics techniques: basics on new hydroponics agriculture;
- How to create a cost-efficient system using hydroculture methodologies.