Hydroponics and Aquaponics are not new technologies, yet they are still very new. So to create a sustainable farming business 2 questions are very important to answer: How can technological innovation, social innovation and economical innovation help? Technological innovation makes a system more efficient and in this course the latest technologies will be discussed and shown. However, the newest technologies are often more expensive and are not always the most sustainable when it comes to a business. That’s why it is important to know about the most recent business innovations, especially around green, circular and blue economy. These new type of economic models also heavily rely on social innovation or "how can a business be more integrated with its community”.
All of these subjects are included in the training course. A farmer is more than just someone who produces food.
Who can participate
- Active young farmers and prospective ones (Agricultural VET students), coming from rural and semi-urban areas.
- VET trainers & providers in the field of Agriculture and/ or Hydroponics
- Introduction to sustainable agriculture techniques and innovation for rural and semi-urban farmers
- How to tackle soil sealing and the importance of hydroculture
- Hydroponics and aquaponics techniques: basics on new hydroponics agriculture
- How to create a cost-efficient system using hydroculture methodologies.
- Examples and case studies
- Self assessment quizzes
The learning material will be available on-line in the following languages: English, Bulgarian, German, Greek, Italian and Latvian.
The training is built following the ECVET guidelines. This allows our training participants to follow our course and recognise the learning outcomes achieved in one of the learning providers that participate in the PONICS VET training network.
Interested to join the list of learning providers? Please complete our online form and we will contact you with further details!
Participation to this course is free of charge but participants are asked to complete some questionnaires regarding the quality and usefulness of the course.
Interested to join the course?
Please enrol by completing our training registration form and we will contact you as soon as the training is available online, The piloting period is estimated to take place during November-December 2018.